Sunday, March 21, 2010

Views of Nature and A Painting in Flux

Loveliness abounds away from the city.  It's amazing how an intention to photograph can enhance one's viewing experience.  A non-native Star Magnolia, above, with last fall's leftover leaves-- now lace-like, below.

Click on the photo to see the delicateness.  (Watch for lace-leaf prints in a few weeks. )

Skunk cabbage with mono-petal.....
...and without.

And not to be outdone...the Pussywillow in full regalia.

Wetlands...

...And grateful inhabitant.

Cedar and lichen up close.

Lovely Spirea ready to bust out its leaves.

And remember this painting??




Here, its current state-- rotated-- with gold circles rescued from the green, a reduced number of sections, and leftover barn-reds.  (Still in process -- of course!)  And by the way, if you'd care to comment on which version you prefer, I'd find it interesting to know -- although at this point, there's no turning back... 
Hope you had a great weekend and you have a great week ahead of you!!

11 comments:

betsy best-spadaro said...

beautiful photos! can i guess where they were taken? and, i vote for number two!

Unknown said...

Hi Gloria !
Love those paintings !

It is good to be near spring Now !
Nice photos !
b. Liv

Heather Kirtland said...

I love the second one! The direction you're going in seems more open and fresh. Beautiful pictures too!

Gloria Freshley Art and Design said...

Betsy, Liv and Heather -- thank you for your comments. And Heather, your photos of the blue sky and water were also beautiful. Killer composition on the one showing the skyline reflected!

LAC EMP 2020 said...

Gloria,
Great photos and I have to admit I was very taken with Number 1. I really felt the colours worked together. Trouble is I like Number two as well and wish they both existed in real time but I guess there's no turning back now. I love the way your work evolves and I shall be looking out for those 'lace prints'. Lesley.

lotta said...

Number 2 gets my vote too. Beautiful nature photos. Can't wait to see the lace leaf prints.

Gloria Freshley Art and Design said...

Lesley and Lotta -- Thank you for your kind remarks and for taking the time to "vote"! I always value your input!

bigBANG studio said...

These are gorgeous photos worthy of Walden, Gloria!

And I love the painting with the basket of EGGS beneath it on the table! Beautiful work! Thanks for your kind comments over at bigBANG. You made my day:)

Have a great weekend. xo.

Gloria Freshley Art and Design said...

Thanks very much for taking a look, Lily, and for YOUR kindness! It's greatly appreciated.

ArtPropelled said...

I like the first one but I LOVE the second one.

Gloria Freshley Art and Design said...

Hi Robyn, Thanks for visiting and for your kind comments! I've enjoyed your blog very much. You always showcase such interesting artists and projects, and your carvings are wonderful.