The above pieces include a screen print on twill (on the left), and relief prints done on upcycled linen with a found object and a vintage wood block from India. I painted the red, silk-covered, found button and placed it on the screen print to cover a printing blooper. (ha!) The fading on that piece occurred during the machine washing, even though I had heat-set the piece with a hot iron. Unfortunately, I did a series of this print during the last half-hour of a studio session late at night at Oregon College of Art and Craft (OCAC). I realized after I finished printing that there was a good chance that I had not used the right type of ink. But actually, I do not mind the mottled effect at all. :) I added machine-stitching to both of the above pieces.
By the way, something seems to be amiss with the OCAC website. I hope you will be able to view it because the college's programs and facility are wonderful!
It's been a very busy week and I have thoroughly enjoyed my slow start to the weekend, although a significant amount of work lies ahead. Hope your weekend is going well. . .
Cheers. . . and thanks for visiting!