Sunday, June 17, 2012

Veiled Ovoid - In Progress


 "Veiled Ovoid" 
Acrylic on canvas
30" x 40"

So here's where I've landed after having taken the flying leap a couple of weeks ago. I guess this painting confirms the "Ovoid" series is still alive and kicking. I spent hours, literally, on the pink bar in the lower right corner last night, and I still don't have it right.  I suppose I will persist. 

Tenaciousness can be a good thing when painting, but sometimes one needs to let a painting go and move on in order to bring forth what lies ahead.  The element in this particular painting that just might provide the impetus for me to let it go is the ambiguity of the band in the middle.  Ambiguity in various areas of my compositions is a goal that I've held in my mind for quite some time.  It will require a new way of applying the paint for me, and I know there is a steep learning curve ahead.  Although I had planned to take a break  from the ovoid series, I believe this center band might serve as the jumping off point for my next painting, which I envision as having a great deal of ambiguity and perhaps transparent ovoids of one size or another. :)

Hope you are happily engaged in some sort of creative process!


4 comments:

Carole Reid said...

Love the pink lines! And everything else about this painting. Onward Ovoid!

Lari Washburn said...

It's such a process..this bringing forth what is new in us! But we are so lucky to be engaged in the creative process, and I feel that in your work very strongly.

Gloria Freshley Art and Design said...

Thank you Carole! And I love all the new work you just showed during the Art Walk! So many great pieces!

Gloria Freshley Art and Design said...

Hi Lari,

Yes, we're definitely fortunate to be able to experience the benefits derived from pursuing the creative process. Thanks for visiting! You know how much I enjoy following your work. :)