Sunday, November 27, 2011

"Caliente" . . . New Collage


Mixed media
5 1/2" x 7"
available

Such a lovely weekend in progress!  Lots of leftover food to indulge in, compliments of others, primarily, so not much going on in the kitchen.  Plenty of time by the fireside and even some time to do a little art with Catherine and take a walk.   I'm still working on piecing my prints and embellished papers together -- hoping that an idea for a  painting is brewing somewhere in my subconscious.  Well, actually, I suppose there are several ideas brewing, so it's more a matter of settling on one and beginning.  I have derived inspiration lately from Nicholas Wilton's beautiful book of paintings completed in 2011.  (This was my birthday present to myself -- purchased early so as to get my hands on it sooner -- of course!)  I first saw Wilton's paintings several years ago at a gallery in Scottsdale, Arizona.  I loved them then and I recognized his work instantly when I came across it again on Robyn Gordon's wonderful blog, Art Propelled, many months ago.


(A scanned image of my copy of the book.)
 You can link to a view of  Wilton's entire book online: 

I've also enjoyed Wilton's blog immensely.  He doesn't post often (how could one when one is so prolific?), but his posts are always thoughtful, with generous use of images, and generous sharing of information regarding technique and his personal artistic process.   Really, you should take a look.  :)



Thanks for visiting . . .

Cheers!



6 comments:

Helmi said...

Beautiful, I'am working on a book too.

Catherine said...

What a great color match! I really like that collage. Fun working with you this weekend!

Gloria Freshley Art and Design said...

How exciting, Helmi! You are always doing so many interesting projects! Thanks for stopping by!

Gloria Freshley Art and Design said...

Thank you Catherine! And I loved working with you!

Julie Whitmore Pottery said...

I love that collage, so autumnal!
xx
julie

Anonymous said...

I love his work too!

I have been loving your photos on flickr!
xo