Sunday, March 6, 2011

Graphic Ovoids -- Finished (almost)


 "Graphic Ovoids"
Acrylic on canvas
36" x 36"







So this is where this painting ended up.  I just need to finish the sides. Although you really can't see it here, that white basket-weave texture that I added in the second  (third?) state is still barely discernible, lending a soft, suffused, and very intriguing green.  Although there is no red in any area of the green, it reads as though there is a hint of it.

I'm ready to move on.  I'll do one more ovoid painting and then it's off on another chase.  But before I begin another painting, I NEED to get back to printing, and collage. :) 

I am visiting your blogs, but I've been commenting less frequently as of late.  Hope my schedule will ease a bit soon....
                  
Here's to the week ahead!  Hope yours is great!

Gloria


6 comments:

Julie Whitmore Pottery said...

I love the balance of it, Gloria, makes me feel centered!
julie

ArtPropelled said...

I really enjoy seeing a painting in the home setting. It gives one a new perspective. Love the painting!

Laura said...

the painting evokes a sense of much needed balance. thanks.

annamaria potamiti said...

Lovely sense of balance Gloria!I also like the way the painting seems to relate to the 'still life' on the table.Have a lovely day my friend.x

ELFI said...

de saison! magnifique peinture !

Gloria Freshley Art and Design said...

Oh my goodness, I have been so remiss! Such lovely comments and in all my "busyness" these past few weeks, I didn't make it back here to say "thank you!" Very much! Truly, I love to hear from you!