Thursday, October 31, 2013

Warm-ups


 Speed Painting #4 
(sketchbook)
 11x17

I've had some ideas floating around in my head about painting over stripes.  I need to begin some new canvases for a show, so I turned to my sketchbook to explore the stripe idea in a speed painting.  I'm glad I did -- I learned a thing or two.  I gessoed the pages first, blew them dry, and jumped right in by quickly painting one bright stripe after another. And then . . .  I painted over them.  

At the end of these speed painting sessions, I'm done.  That's it.  It is what it is.  Time to move on.

We had the nicest groups of trick-or-treaters.  

Happy Halloween and thanks for visiting!


1 comment:

Sophie Munns said...

Lots of beautiful colour and form to lose oneself in here Gloria. I always get the impression that where you live would be lovely to walk around.in my life I have lived in some places with astonishing bush settings or views but we are very urban here so its just as well i get my inspiration from seeds i collect rather than looking our my front window.

I so appreciated your fine words... 4 days of heavy writing to get that new bulletin out and I go t a bit worried how it would be received....so you gave me such reason to smile and think... aha!... someone gets it! It is heart-warming that some lovely bloggy friends are such wonderful appreciators and that can make all the difference!

Best to you...
S