Monday, April 16, 2012

Making Time for New Work

  
Acrylic relief print and painting on reused papers
4" x 5"

 
Acrylic relief print and gold gouache on paper
7" x 9"


It seems like I've been "clearing my very full plate" forever so that I can get back to making art.  Meanwhile, I've been without a camera for over a month.  All of this by way of saying: Forgive me for the lengthy hiatus from here; I hope to not be away so long again.

Finally,  I found some time this past weekend to ease back into creating while visiting my daughter.  I took a small sketchbook to her home and proceeded to make some simple potato prints while she worked on a painting, knowing that I would at least be able to fit the prints on my scanner.  Nothing too demanding on my end, and certainly no high expectations.  Still, the fact is that creating even the simplest works of art or craft  requires thoughtful decisions throughout the process, and those who don't participate in the artistic creative process often don't appreciate that fact.  And actually, it's that problem-solving process that makes the act of creation so stimulating and engaging.  Well, at least that's my take on it.  :)

Cheers!


5 comments:

Julie Whitmore Pottery said...

That blue and white with gold potato print is FAB. so simple and striking.
I love working with gold, and am inching my way slowly towards gold leaf
xx
julie

Carole Reid said...

It's always a pleasure to read you posts and view you wonderful art, Gloria!

LAC EMP 2020 said...

I think your take on things is spot on Gloria. Lovely to see a post from you and see how energised you are by the act of 'creating'.

Gloria Freshley Art and Design said...

Thank you, one and all!

Lesley, I've been away from your blog (and others')for too long. Must pay a visit very SOON to what you've been up to and what currently captures your interest.

Megan Woodard Johnson said...

I love these! The colors and patterns are just lovely,,,simple- but with a depth that lets you just fall into them