Sunday, October 9, 2011

Balance





Relief prints with Gamblin Inks
5"x7"


Been a bit out of balance lately.  Too heavy on the work side and too many hours in front of the computer.  Craving time in my home and garden, time to be out and about in my city, time to prepare a good meal, time to relax with family and friends.  Easing off (just a bit) on my self-imposed pressure to produce art.  Remembering that there are only so many hours in a day and one can't do it all.   Looking forward to being outside; walking on streets strewn with freshly fallen horse chestnuts, inhaling the crisp air and feasting on the glorious colors of the autumn foliage.

Cheers!


4 comments:

betsy best-spadaro said...

Hi Gloria! I feel your pain! It seems life is constant balancing act. Hoping things level off for you soon. Love the layering in these pieces!

Carole Reid said...

It sneaks up on us until we stop and say enough! I hope you can make heaps of time this week to be outside enjoying family, friends, and fall.

Anonymous said...

Of course, you know that I adore your prints!!! And I understand. I think this time of year can be especially crazy. All the hustle and bustle getting ready for winter, back to school etc. Enjoy! The rains are on the horizon!

Gloria Freshley Art and Design said...

All, thank you for your thoughts and comments about my work. I just want to let you know that I have attempted to leave comments on each of your blogs more than once lately, and there seems to be a glitch on my side. Sometimes, I can do a workaround and the comment "takes", but other times, I give up. :( I think it's something to do with my cache or cookies which are technicalities beyond me immediate skill level. The point is, I am visiting and enjoying your posts! Cheers!