Saturday, January 29, 2011

In Progress.....

Ovoid 2
Acrylic on canvas (first state)
36" x 36"

Still pondering my next move on this painting, shown above in it's beginning state.  It's the second in a series of ovoid paintings derived from thumbnail sketches -- although ovoids are featured in a few of my other paintings, too.   I placed a few things on the table as color references.  I'm liking the current softness of this painting, which is very different from the one shown here, recently.  Think I'm about ready to take the leap.......will report back....

Happy weekend, all!

6 comments:

holly aka golly said...

It is wonderful! the soft palette is really lovely!

LAC EMP 2020 said...

It is a gorgeous palette Gloria and you have set it off to perfection with the accessories. To me it looks a complete entity but I have no doubt you know the right way to take it from here. Please show it again when it has evolved. Lesley

Laura said...

i love the ovoid/egg shapes. beautifully balanced.

Gloria Freshley Art and Design said...

Holly, Lesley and Laura.....Thanks to each of you for stopping by and for your nice comments! I shall carry them with me through the week! Best...

Unknown said...

What an exquisite piece of artwork. I love it.

lotta said...

I love the softness too. Can't wait to see where it takes you (or the other way around...)